According to an October 2019 article published by the Forbes Technology Council, User Experience Is Now Your Business Strategy.
Key takeaways from the article
- UX creates deeper customer engagement and loyalty.
- UX is a major competitive differentiator.
The article goes on to recommend that in order to make UX your strategy, companies should:
- Link design metrics to business metrics
- Use the latest technology to build hyper-personalized services
- Build design systems
- Foster a product-centric culture and mindset
These are good recommendations.
Our two cents
At the heart of the matter is that all businesses – not just tech companies – are providers of digital products and services. Whether these products and services are customer-facing or internal-facing is irrelevant. The important thing is to get UX into the C suite such that business goals and decisions become aligned with real user needs and human-centered values. Successful and sustainable companies understand this imperative.
Read the full article here.